Saturday, September 6, 2008

One more morning


There was a piece of unwelcome news this morning. Well, relatively unwelcome - no cause for panic.

I had confirmed with the techs several times that today would be my last day of radiation. In fact, they started to jump the gun a couple times this week, thinking that Thursday was my last day.

Well, this morning I found out that I have to come back Monday to finish my course of treatment. It really will be cutting it close - I fly out Tuesday night to Alabama.

I was visibly disappointed when the tech told me, and after asking why, she simply couldn't understand why I was frustrated I couldn't put in a full day of work Monday like I'd planned. While it's nice to avoid endless meetings, boring conferences, and piles of deskwork, I still bristle at putting in half-days, particularly when there's plenty of work to be done. Much happens before 0900 and I feel like I'm coming in at lunch time, though I've really only missed a couple of hours.

"We can write you a note," said the tech. "You don't have to be going to work."

Sigh.

9 comments:

S said...

Almost there, V. Then you'll be able to become a workaholic again.

~~S

PS. Sorry I can't swing by your road trip after all. I have to work. I only had the two weeks off in August.

Legal Herbal Online said...

Wow your post is really great. I have a assignment on Employer ranking in any Asian country. For that your post appear very much helpful for me. Keep sharing such posts in future too. logo custom t shirts

Best economical Dymo Labels said...

Thanks for posting information about a very interesting will we wait for the other posts nose job orange county

Best economical Dymo Labels said...

This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.mtn data plans

Best economical Dymo Labels said...

I don't have sufficient energy right now to completely read your site but I have bookmarked it and likewise include your RSS channels. I will be back in a day or two. much obliged concerning an incredible site.mortgage agent ottawa

Best economical Dymo Labels said...

Must keep the spirit this morning? thank you very much for the information which is very nice mortgage brokers ottawa

Legal Herbal Online said...

It seems interesting. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.family dentist Vaughan

Legal Herbal Online said...

CEO Mailing ListThe idea ? Each adds his two cents to more flavor ! You want to discover, share, or simply pass the time in a fun way

Robert Jennifer said...

I read many posts but your post is so great I am happy to see this great post I collect many information to in it, thanks for this great information I like it.Resin Bound Gravel Diy Kits